by Linda Welker
In 1885, the railroad arrived at the Russell St. Train Depot in Brooksville, FL. Russell St. developed into important and valuable part of town. In 1998, S. Brooksville Ave became a National Historic District and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. A stroll from S. Main St. along the one block of Russell St. a left turn on S. Brooksville Ave. and up to Broad St. is one half mile. This book is a pictorial overview to One Half Mile in Brooksville, FL.
Linda Welker a has been a volunteer for the Hernando County Museum Association for fourteen years. She is currently a Director at the Russell Street 1885 Train Depot Museum and an author of seven books. Four of them, non-fiction, written as fund raisers for the Museums.